"The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more you learn, the more places you'll go." ~ Dr. Seuss

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Put Me in the Zoo

Put Me in the Zooby: Robert Lopshire
published: 1988 (first published 1960) by Kohl's for Random House
isbn13: 9780375875205
Hardcover, 61 pages

My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Age: 6 years old, 1st Grade


Description:  Classic Dr. Suess! (Editorial Review) "A hilarious story for a first-grade pupil to read. Shows that reading can be fun even if the vocabulary is very limited."--Material Analysis Publications.

Mikey's Perspective:  "It was a little hard but I liked it. My favorite part was when he went to the circus."

Mommy's Perspective:  A funny story that helps introduce younger children to colors.  Your child will laugh at all the things this silly animal can do with his spots.  This has a great rhythm to it as well which will have you acting it out with the kids which of course will give them even more giggles.  A definite hit with my little ones.


As a beginner reader this book introduces many words to a child with enough repetition and rhyming to help boost a young readers confidence yet challenging enough to keep them reading it time and time again.

When we got the book it came with a stuffed animal and my boys still fight over "Spot" the beloved main character of the story.

A good read for your child(ren)'s book shelf from a toddler through second grade.

Learned Sight Words Used: like, one, this, on, they, what, look, could, see, your

This Weeks Sight Words Introduced: small, no, out


3 comments:

Cindy said...

Go Mikey!!! I am sooo glad that you are having fun reading!!! Keep having fun and Keep reading!!!
Sending you smiles!
Cindy

Unknown said...

mikey, mama is so proud of you, keep reading, you will love it like mommy, and mama.
I can't wait for you to read to me
I love you
MAMA

Mrs. Fry said...

Hey Mikey,
I see you are big fan of Dr. Seuss. I remember when my little boy would come home from school and read to me. I was so proud of him, and I know your mom is too.

Keep up the good work!

 
Copyright © 2009 Tales of a First Grade Reader | All Rights Reserved | Powered by Blogger